Blok is not just an urban property developer. We are an advocate of
urban living and the opportunities it presents, Blok operates through
thoughtfully designed product, community and customer experience. We see things
differently and this allows us to look at our property market differently.
Everything we do needs to be excellent, not just good or good enough. We
are individuals with strong opinions, but not opinionated. We are passionate,
not pushy or arrogant. We love what we do and work as a team.
Blok focuses on urban apartment living in the Atlantic Seaboard and City
Bowl of Cape Town.
We are Blok.
client queries on the various elements of their new apartment
and document any changes or requests to architects
document and feedback progress to clients
- Communicate design and customisation ideas with related
- Administration support that
relates to clients, which includes documentation, communication and project oversight.
- Manage customer relationship
management system (Salesforce) and ensure is kept up to date and has correct
information for all after sales service.
- Handover of home automation
and appliance instructions to clients
- Document and supply feedback,
learnings and improvements to be made on future developments.
customisation profiles on Salesforce for each client in all developments
client requests to architects
- Coordinate and document the customisation build, from
client meeting to invoicing to finished product
- Thorough snagging & documentation on completed
- Progress report of and
feedback loops to clients and internal team
- To lead
and manage the Client Service Coordinator and Client Service Assistant.
- To work
with the Sales & Client Service Manager to develop and implement processes
and procedures relating to Customisation, Snagging and Handovers.
- To work
with the Sales & Client Service Manager to develop and implement effective
communication strategy to our clients and partners (WAUW, PP).
proactively manage project timelines and communicate any change in schedule or
timings to clients.
and compile snag list for each apartment per developmen
- Share and
check snag items with Projects team
- Sign off
snags once completed
and record Pre handover snag per apartment prior to handover to client
snag process post occupation
directly with snag manager & clients on items to be snagged
snagging schedule for each apartment per development
snag reports for owners once items have been completed
ad hoc duties as the company sees fit.
Badenhorst - Sales & Client Service
Chen - Sales & Marketing Manager
- R 20 000
per month CTC
phone allowance, Laptop
aid contribution (after probation)
incentive scheme (after probation)
- Company to
cover travel related costs at R3,20 per km
Degree or Diploma
- Client and
Supplier coordination experience
of Salesforce CRM advantageous
attention to detail & highly organized
written and spoken English communication skills
in Excel, Outlook and Word (MS Office Suite)
- Positive and
professional attitude and appearance
Junior Construction Coordinator
Blok is not just an urban property developer. We are an advocate of urban living and the
opportunities it presents, Blok operates through thoughtfully designed product,
community and customer experience. We see things differently and this allows us to look at
our property market differently.
Everything we do needs to be excellent, not just good or good enough. We are individuals
with strong opinions, but not opinionated. We are passionate, not pushy or arrogant. We
love what we do and work as a team.
Blok focuses on urban apartment living in the Atlantic Seaboard and City Bowl of Cape
We are Blok.
The position available is within the Development Management Department which manages
all the Blok developments from start of construction to after handover to the clients. The
position is heavily focused on record keeping of the construction works and updating and
filing of the administrative documentation that aids in these processes, together with
neighbour management, building snag- and handover reporting.
A. General Applications
1. Assist in the NHBRC registration of developments
2. Assist with the process of obtaining Occupancy Certificates
B. Site Development Management, Coordination & Administration
1. Attending site meetings, taking minutes, updating & emailing minutes after each
meeting (x2 days per week)
2. Administering the communication towards neighbouring properties directly
affected by our developments
3. Assist in preparing & communicating project information & updates to all relevant
parties through monthly reports
4. Assist in building & apartment snag rectification coordination after building
5. Administer & update programmes/timelines for board- & development report packs
and internal processes
C. Legal & Transferring of Properties
1. Coordinate the sectionalizing or consolidation of a development or property,
including the land surveyors and conveyancers
2. Ensure all compliance certificates are in order for the transfer process
3. Building handover assistance
1. Any and all ad-hoc items as the company sees fit
2. Digitizing & hard copy filing where necessary
3. Maintaining & administering systems & processes
4. Organizing documents
Qualifications & Requirements:
• 1 year industry and/or site experience with strong construction knowledge
• Good financial and analytical skills
• Good at working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Positive attitude & good communication skills
• Team player attitude and eager to learn
• MS Excel and MS Office Suite
• Good at planning, organizing & administration with strong attention to detail
Reporting to: Jacques van Embden - Managing Director
Mias de Vries – Development Manager
• Salary: R8000 – R12000 per month CTC
• Company Laptop
• Cell phone contract contribution (after successful completion of probation period)
• Medical Aid Contribution (after successful completion of probation period)
• Company to cover travel related costs @ R3,20 per km
The following application documents must be sent to email@example.com:
- CV including a motivational cover letter including answering the following questions:
o What interests you in the property market?
o Why are you looking at moving from your current employer?
o Can we contact your provided references before scheduling an interview?
o What is your current notice period?
o What management style would best be suited to yourself?
o Why you would like to work for Blok?
o Why you are suited for this role specifically?
o List of initial questions regarding the company (Blok) and/or job