Blok is not just an urban property developer. We are an advocate of
urban living and the opportunities it presents, Blok operates through
thoughtfully designed product, community and customer experience. We see things
differently and this allows us to look at our property market differently.
Everything we do needs to be excellent, not just good or good enough. We
are individuals with strong opinions, but not opinionated. We are passionate,
not pushy or arrogant. We love what we do and work as a team.
Blok focuses on urban apartment living in the Atlantic Seaboard and City
Bowl of Cape Town.
We are Blok.
The role would entail focusing on the financial needs of the business, processing daily payments and invoices, performing reconciliations, conducting analysis into the profitability of developements and the business as well as other financial related projects.
1. Ongoing business payments:
a. Loading of payments
b. Deleting payments off the banking profile
c. Resolving ayment queries and issues
2. Capturing cashbook from source documents and reconciling to bank statement:
a. Allocation of payments to correct projects
b. Allocation of reeipts in related systems
3. Performing supplier & petty cash reconciliations
4. Customization and business overhead management & analysis
5. General filing where required
6. Capital expenditure management:
a. Analysis of total cost of capital expenditure
b. Closing and conciling accounts to quotations / projected costings
7. Assisting with balance sheet reconciliations and schedules
8. Preparing monthly debtor invoicing
9. Work delegated from time to time and support as required from time to time in the office
10. Any and all ad hoc items as the Company sees fit
11. Assisting the FD and FM with various projects
Qualifications & Requirements:
1. Accounting / Bookkeeping qualification
2. Tought-provoking & financial minded individual
3. Good at working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
4. Possitive attitude & good communication skills
5. A strong desire to build a career in the accounting profession
6. Team player attitude & eager to learn
7. Willing to put in the extra effort when required
8. Min 2 years relevant experience
Basic Salary: R13 000 - 16 000 pm (experience dependant)
Medical Aid contribution (T&C - after successfull completion of probation period)
Laptop & mobile data contract
Company to cover travel costs at a rate of R3.20 per km
All additional costs will be submitte din a monthly claim back from witht he related slips / invoices and be settled after reiew and discussion by management.