Junior Construction Coordinator
Blok is not just an urban property developer. We are an advocate of urban living and the
opportunities it presents, Blok operates through thoughtfully designed product,
community and customer experience. We see things differently and this allows us to look at
our property market differently.
Everything we do needs to be excellent, not just good or good enough. We are individuals
with strong opinions, but not opinionated. We are passionate, not pushy or arrogant. We
love what we do and work as a team.
Blok focuses on urban apartment living in the Atlantic Seaboard and City Bowl of Cape
We are Blok.
The position available is within the Development Management Department which manages
all the Blok developments from start of construction to after handover to the clients. The
position is heavily focused on record keeping of the construction works and updating and
filing of the administrative documentation that aids in these processes, together with
neighbour management, building snag- and handover reporting.
A. General Applications
1. Assist in the NHBRC registration of developments
2. Assist with the process of obtaining Occupancy Certificates
B. Site Development Management, Coordination & Administration
1. Attending site meetings, taking minutes, updating & emailing minutes after each
meeting (x2 days per week)
2. Administering the communication towards neighbouring properties directly
affected by our developments
3. Assist in preparing & communicating project information & updates to all relevant
parties through monthly reports
4. Assist in building & apartment snag rectification coordination after building
5. Administer & update programmes/timelines for board- & development report packs
and internal processes
C. Legal & Transferring of Properties
1. Coordinate the sectionalizing or consolidation of a development or property,
including the land surveyors and conveyancers
2. Ensure all compliance certificates are in order for the transfer process
3. Building handover assistance
1. Any and all ad-hoc items as the company sees fit
2. Digitizing & hard copy filing where necessary
3. Maintaining & administering systems & processes
4. Organizing documents
Qualifications & Requirements:
• 1 year industry and/or site experience with strong construction knowledge
• Good financial and analytical skills
• Good at working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Positive attitude & good communication skills
• Team player attitude and eager to learn
• MS Excel and MS Office Suite
• Good at planning, organizing & administration with strong attention to detail
Reporting to: Jacques van Embden - Managing Director
Mias de Vries – Development Manager
• Salary: R8000 – R12000 per month CTC
• Company Laptop
• Cell phone contract contribution (after successful completion of probation period)
• Medical Aid Contribution (after successful completion of probation period)
• Company to cover travel related costs @ R3,20 per km
The following application documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV including a motivational cover letter including answering the following questions:
o What interests you in the property market?
o Why are you looking at moving from your current employer?
o Can we contact your provided references before scheduling an interview?
o What is your current notice period?
o What management style would best be suited to yourself?
o Why you would like to work for Blok?
o Why you are suited for this role specifically?
o List of initial questions regarding the company (Blok) and/or job