Prime Residential was established to take advantage of current circumstances within the property market in South Africa. The objective of the Group is to purchase cherry picked residential property at below current market values to benefit from the embedded discount, rental income and capital growth.
The residential fund is based on an entrepreneurial spirit with innovation at its epicentre. The fund has been able to maintain a 100% growth trajectory year on year. Moreover, the development component of these assets is managed in house – with various exciting property developments opportunities being acquired on a consistent basis. Driving innovation through its thinking and modern approach to business, it aims to deliver unique developments in the residential sector. Furthermore, a key driver of success is the co-operative and self-managing nature of the leadership team.
Due to the fast growth of the Group, Prime Residential is looking for a dynamic and self-managed individual to develop and integrate the HR in the Group, and provide a support function to the Group at large.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment & Selection:
- Administer various HR processes including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, on boarding, exit interviews etc.
Legal & Policy:
- Provide HR support and advice to the Group and its employees;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the HR policy environment for the Group
- Attending CCMA (if necessary)
Training & Skills Development:
- Responsible for Group training planning;
- Support and assist the administration of training and development including, development of a training plan for the Group and arranging training for departments as and when required
- Provide managers with effective and efficient HR administration support according to the required standards and procedures in support of the business strategy.
- Ensure that all required documents are on staff file and maintained for auditing and compliance purposes and request from relevant staff members when required
- Provide managers with Quarterly review reports
- Managing of Salary increases and bonus
- Reminding managers and managing birthdays, work anniversaries and promotions
- Salary administration
- Payroll support
- HR reporting
- Dealing with grievances
- Medical Aid
o Ensuring employees gets added to medical aid
o Annual fee increase gets implemented and communicated to all staff
- Maintaining staff culture
Career Experience and Skills Required:
- HR related degree or diploma
- 1 - 3 Years Relevant Experience
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Administrative skills – organised, methodical with good time management
- Ability to act professionally with a high level of confidentiality
- Sound knowledge of South African Labour Law and HR Legislation
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary R12 000 – R15 000 per month depending on experience
- Medical Aid contribution on completion of probation
- Company to provide Laptop
is not just an urban property developer. We are an advocate of urban living and
the opportunities it presents, Blok operates through thoughtfully designed
product, community and customer experience. We see things differently and this
allows us to look at our property market differently.
we do needs to be excellent, not just good or good enough. We are individuals
with strong opinions, but not opinionated. We are passionate, not pushy or arrogant. We love what we do and
work as a team.
Blok focuses on urban apartment living in the
Atlantic Seaboard and City Bowl of Cape Town.
We are Blok.
The position available is within the Development Management Department which manages all the Blok developments from start of construction to after handover to the clients.
The position is heavily focused on record keeping of the construction works and updating and filing of the administrative documentation that aids in these processes, together with neighbor management, building snag- and handover reporting.
A. General Applications
1. Assist in the NHBRC registration of developments
2. Assist with the process of obtaining Occupancy Certificates
B. Site Development Management, Coordination & Administration
1. Attending site meetings, taking minutes, updating & emailing minutes after each meeting (x2 days per week)
2. Administering the communication towards neighboring properties directly affected by our developments
3. Assist in preparing & communicating project information & updates to all relevant parties through monthly reports
4. Assist in building & apartment snag rectification coordination after building handover
5. Administer & update programs/timelines for board- & development report packs and internal processes
C. Legal & Transferring of Properties
1. Coordinate the sectionalizing or consolidation of a development or property, including the land surveyors and conveyancers
2. Ensure all compliance certificates are in order for the transfer process
3. Building handover assistance
1. Any and all ad-hoc items as the company sees fit
2. Digitizing & hard copy filing where necessary
3. Maintaining & administering systems & processes
4. Organizing documents
Qualifications & Requirements:
• 1 year industry and/or site experience with strong construction knowledge
• Good financial and analytical skills
• Good at working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Positive attitude & good communication skills
• Team player attitude and eager to learn
• MS Excel and MS Office Suite
• Good at planning, organizing & administration with strong attention to detail
Reporting to: Jacques van Embden - Managing Director
Mias de Vries – Development Manager
• Salary: R8000 – R12000 per month CTC
• Company Laptop
• Cell phone allowance (after successful completion of probation period)
• Medical Aid Contribution (after successful completion of probation period)
• Company to cover travel related costs @ R3,20 per km